Sydney is home to some of the world’s best theatres and playhouses showcasing unforgettable shows and performances across the year – and we’re fortunate that many of these are within walking distance from our restaurant.
Some of our favourites include:
- The Wharf and Roslyn Packer Theatre – set in picturesque Walsh Bay within the piers by Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Theatre Company (STC) presents an annual season of excellent productions at The Wharf and Roslyn Packer Theatre venues. Roslyn Packer Theatre also hosted the Sydney Writers’ Festival each year. http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/
- State Theatre – the iconic State Theatre set near the beautiful QVB (Queen Victoria Building) is known for staging big name live acts and musical theatre performances, and English pantos, along with red carpet premieres including “Game of Thrones”. https://www.statetheatre.com.au/
- Capitol Theatre – an historic theatre located a few blocks up the road in Haymarket, the Capital Theatre hosts world-class musicals, theatre, ballet and concerts. Upcoming productions include Mamma Mia!, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Jersey Boys. http://www.capitoltheatre.com.au/
- Sydney Opera House – Australia’s best known performance venue, the Sydney Opera House hosts more than 40 shows a week in its various harbourside venues. The beautifully-designed and famous iconic building has something for everyone, from opera and classical music, to circus and cabaret, and everything in between. https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com
- George Open Air Cinema – Each summer, “the world’s most beautiful cinema” is set up on the slopes of the Botanic Garden at Mrs Macquaries Point, with a massive harbourfront screen against a backdrop of the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and stunning Sydney skyline. Tickets sell fast! http://www.stgeorgeopenair.com.au/
- Bangarra Dance Theatre – One of Australia’s leading performing arts companies, Bangarra is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation widely acclaimed for their powerful dancing and theatre, unique soundscapes, music and design. https://www.bangarra.com.au/
Whichever you choose, our advice is not to see a play, show or performance on an empty stomach. Come by our restaurant for a pre-theatre drink and dinner. Let our team know what time you need to leave, and our Chefs will whip up your dishes in a timely fashion, so you can be on your way with time to spare.
Our dinner menu is available from 5:30pm each night of the week, with pre-theatre favourites such as hiramasa kingfish sashimi, spanner crab sandwich, and slow-cooked lamb shoulder with Japanese eggplant and saltbush.
You can also enjoy valet parking with us on-site via five-star hotel Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, within which we are located on the ground floor. See here for more details: http://www.fourseasons.com/sydney/destination/directions_and_maps/